In our continuing effort to provide the most secure platform for completing your Affordable Care Act filing, we are proudly announcing that Two Factor Authentication is now available for all BoomTax users.
What is Two Factor Authentication?
You may be familiar with Two Factor Authentication (aka 2FA) if you’ve ever logged into a website, then had to type in a code you receive on your phone. This prevents a would be attacker from stealing your login credentials and logging in to your account. With 2FA, the attacker would need your login AND access to your phone in order to login to your account.
How Do I Enable Two Factor Authentication?
- First, login to your BoomTax account.
- Next, click on ‘Account’
- Then, click on ‘Security’
- Next, enable Two Factor Security.
- You will need to enter your phone number.
- Next, grab the code you receive and download the Authy App to your phone.
- Then, enter your verification code.
- After that, you’re all set up!
- To test this out, log out of your account.
- Then, log in again.
- Now you’ll see a code verification screen after logging in. If you click ‘Remember this browser’, you won’t be asked again for this computer.
How Much Does This Feature Cost?
Do I Have to Use Two Factor Authentication?
This is an optional feature, but we highly recommend using this as it adds an additional layer of protection to your login credentials.
Questions or Feedback?
Feel free to contact us at [email protected].