The Affordable Care Act’s employer shared responsibility provisions require certain employers (called applicable large employers or ALEs) to offer affordable health coverage to at least 95% of their full-time employees and their dependents, or otherwise make an employer shared responsibility payment to the IRS. Continue reading What is Employer Shared Responsibility?
The IRS announced today they will shut down the AIR Production and AATS systems in order to prepare for the upcoming 2017 Filing Season. This shutdown will affect all transmissions, including corrections and replacements.
The AIR Production schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for production.
- 9:00 am EST, January 17, 2017 – System will reopen for production for Forms 1094-B/C and 1095 B/C.
- January 18, 2017 – System will reopen for Form 1095A.
AIR Assurance Testing System (AATS) schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for testing.
- 8:00 am EST, December 29, 2016 – System will be back online for testing.
To help you quickly and easily import your employee data, we have created an Excel spreadsheet template that contains all of your 1095-C data in a standard format. This format closely mirrors the 1095-C forms so your benefits/payroll provider may be able to provide the information required to populate this spreadsheet.
We have made a few changes to the 1095-C Import Spreadsheet for Tax Year 2016 to help reduce some data entry for our customers.