The IRS announced today they will shut down the AIR Production and AATS systems in order to prepare for the upcoming 2017 Filing Season. This shutdown will affect all transmissions, including corrections and replacements.
The AIR Production schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for production.
- 9:00 am EST, January 17, 2017 – System will reopen for production for Forms 1094-B/C and 1095 B/C.
- January 18, 2017 – System will reopen for Form 1095A.
AIR Assurance Testing System (AATS) schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for testing.
- 8:00 am EST, December 29, 2016 – System will be back online for testing.
It is important to know what information to gather before you begin the ACA reporting process. We’ve identified the following 7 key topics that may help with completing your ACA filing in our Getting Started Checklist. Continue reading Be Prepared for ACA Reporting in Tax Year 2016
Our latest 2016 update includes some interface changes to account for the new guidelines for ALE members that offer a non-calendar year health plan.
In short, many ALEs will no longer be able to select 4980h Transition Relief on their 1094-C unless they participated in a non-calendar year plan. To qualify, they needed to have offered coverage where the plan began in 2015 and ended in 2016. Continue reading New Updates for Non-Calendar Year Plans