New Jersey ACA State Filing Required – TY2019

It has been announced that New Jersey ACA state filing is now required for ACA forms for Tax Year 2019 in addition to federal ACA filing. Here are the most commonly asked Q&A’s you need to know to be ready for January:

Do I need to e-file my ACA forms with New Jersey?

If you are an employer of a New Jersey resident, or if you provide Minimum Essential Coverage to a New Jersey resident, you must e-file your ACA data via the MFT SecureTransport channel used for uploading state W-2 data.

What about out of state filers?

Out-of-State employers who employ New Jersey residents have the same filing requirements as in-State businesses. These requirements are not limited to businesses that withhold New Jersey payroll taxes. If you are an out-of-State employer, you must ensure that we receive any required 1095 document for each New Jersey resident you employ. Insurers, government agencies, multiemployer plans, and all others responsible for reporting Minimum Essential Coverage to New Jersey residents also must file the required information with the State.

What is the deadline to e-file New Jersey ACA State filings?

For tax year 2019, the deadline to e-file your New Jersey ACA forms is March 31, 2020.

More information about the New Jersey ACA state filing program can be found here:
NJ Shared Responsibility Requirement

How do I ensure that I am compliant with New Jersey ACA state filing?

Good news! BoomTax has a one click e-file process where we will handle state filing for you. It’s totally hands off, so click below to get started and see how easy ACA filing can be!

What about other states?

Only a couple of states have ACA state requirements. They are the District of Columbia and New Jersey for tax year 2019.

BoomTax, The Boom Post, and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors prior to engaging in any transaction.

About Author