Nebraska State 1099 Tax Filing – TY 2018

Does Nebraska require state 1099 tax filing?

Yes, Nebraska requires forms 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, and other forms to be filed with the Nebraska Department of Revenue, but only if the forms report withheld state income tax.

Does Nebraska participate in Combined Federal/State Filing?

Yes, Nebraska participates in Combined Federal/State Filing. If you utilize CF/SF when filing your 1099s, the IRS will forward the information to the Nebraska Department of Revenue and you will not have to do so yourself.

However, Form 1099-NEC must be filed directly with the state of Nebraska, even if you participate in the CF/SF program.

What is the responsible state agency?

Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall S
Lincoln, NE 68508
(402) 471-5729

What about other states?

Alabama Florida Louisiana Nebraska Oklahoma Vermont
Alaska Georgia Maine Nevada Oregon Virginia
Arizona Hawaii Maryland New Hampshire Pennsylvania Washington
Arkansas Idaho Massachusetts New Jersey Rhode Island West Virginia
California Illinois Michigan New Mexico South Carolina Wisconsin
Colorado Indiana Minnesota New York South Dakota Wyoming
Connecticut Iowa Mississippi North Carolina Tennessee
Delaware Kansas Missouri North Dakota Texas
District of Columbia Kentucky Montana Ohio Utah

BoomTax, The Boom Post, and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors prior to engaging in any transaction.

About Author