Montana State 1099 Tax Filing

Does Montana require state 1099 tax filing?

Yes, Montana requires Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-R to be filed with the Montana Department of Revenue.

Does Montana participate in Combined Federal/State Filing?

Yes, Montana participates in Combined Federal/State Filing. If you utilize CF/SF when filing your 1099s, the IRS will forward the information to the Montana Department of Revenue and you will not have to do so yourself.

What is the responsible state agency?

Sam W. Mitchell Building
125 N. Roberts, 3rd Floor
Helena, MT
(406) 444-6900
Leave a comment