Montana State 1099 Tax Filing – TY 2018

Does Montana require state 1099 tax filing?

Yes, Montana requires Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-R to be filed with the Montana Department of Revenue.

Does Montana participate in Combined Federal/State Filing?

Yes, Montana participates in Combined Federal/State Filing. If you utilize CF/SF when filing your 1099s, the IRS will forward the information to the Montana Department of Revenue and you will not have to do so yourself.

What is the responsible state agency?

Sam W. Mitchell Building
125 N. Roberts, 3rd Floor
Helena, MT
(406) 444-6900

What about other states?

Alabama Florida Louisiana Nebraska Oklahoma Vermont
Alaska Georgia Maine Nevada Oregon Virginia
Arizona Hawaii Maryland New Hampshire Pennsylvania Washington
Arkansas Idaho Massachusetts New Jersey Rhode Island West Virginia
California Illinois Michigan New Mexico South Carolina Wisconsin
Colorado Indiana Minnesota New York South Dakota Wyoming
Connecticut Iowa Mississippi North Carolina Tennessee
Delaware Kansas Missouri North Dakota Texas
District of Columbia Kentucky Montana Ohio Utah

BoomTax, The Boom Post, and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors prior to engaging in any transaction.

About Author