The IRS announced today they will shut down the AIR Production and AATS systems in order to prepare for the upcoming 2017 Filing Season. This shutdown will affect all transmissions, including corrections and replacements.
The AIR Production schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for production.
- 9:00 am EST, January 17, 2017 – System will reopen for production for Forms 1094-B/C and 1095 B/C.
- January 18, 2017 – System will reopen for Form 1095A.
AIR Assurance Testing System (AATS) schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for testing.
- 8:00 am EST, December 29, 2016 – System will be back online for testing.
BoomTax, The Boom Post, and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors prior to engaging in any transaction.