The IRS announced today they will shut down the AIR Production and AATS systems in order to prepare for the upcoming 2017 Filing Season. This shutdown will affect all transmissions, including corrections and replacements.
The AIR Production schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for production.
- 9:00 am EST, January 17, 2017 – System will reopen for production for Forms 1094-B/C and 1095 B/C.
- January 18, 2017 – System will reopen for Form 1095A.
AIR Assurance Testing System (AATS) schedule:
- 11:00 pm EST, December 28, 2016 – System will be shut down for testing.
- 8:00 am EST, December 29, 2016 – System will be back online for testing.
It is important to know what information to gather before you begin the ACA reporting process. We’ve identified the following 7 key topics that may help with completing your ACA filing in our Getting Started Checklist. Continue reading Be Prepared for ACA Reporting in Tax Year 2016
In an effort to help employers accurately file their IRS information returns, we are proud to announce our latest product: TINCorrect.
What is TINCorrect?
TINCorrect allows you to verify SSNs (Social Security Numbers) or company EINs (Employer Identification Numbers) prior to submitting your tax forms to the IRS. Submitting tax forms with the wrong TIN information can result in additional IRS scrutiny on your filing in addition to having to correct your filing, re-file your forms, and re-issue corrected employee copies.
With TINCorrect, you can make sure your TINs are correct before you file.
Continue reading TINCorrect: Employee and Vendor Verification