As part of our continued commitment to give back to the small business community, we have open sourced our 2016 IRS AIR Test Scenario XML files that can be used for the AATS ISS-UI system.
The Perils of Doing-It-Yourself
- XML export files from outside vendors typically have some errors that are hard to find and fix.
- Rejections (if not handled properly) can leave your filing in limbo.
- Corrections require custom development, and most customers will require corrections.
- Having a 3rd party fix a filing after an unsuccessful self-filing is far more time consuming and costly. In some cases, it may not be possible for an outside party to fix your filing.
- The TCC/test scenario process must be re-completed every year (this year notwithstanding).
An Easier Way…
- Get a TCC
- Pass testing
- Learn the complex corrections/rejections process
How Does It Work?
The BoomTax e-filing process is designed to be as simple as possible.
- Simply upload your XML on our secure file upload page.
- Review your imported data.
- Click ‘E-File’ on your filing.
At this point, BoomTax will take over and will send your filing to the IRS and email you a receipt id that you can keep as your proof of submission.
We also have an Excel based import process and a full fledged API that can add ACA capabilities to your backend systems.
IRS AIR Test Scenario XML Sample Files
To download the scenarios, you’ll want to first register or login to your BoomTax account. Creating an account is 100% free and takes less than 30 seconds.
After you’ve done this, you can download the test scenarios here:
What About the Corrected Scenarios?
Last Year’s Scenarios
Run a diff between this year and last year to easily see what has been tweaked: